How to add crypto to your Metamask Wallet
What is Metamask?
Metamask is a cryptocurrency wallet that enables users to store & transfer ERC-20 tokens that they can either purchase on the platform or transfer from other exchanges. Metamask is one of the leading crypto wallets along with Exodus, MyEtherWallet, Trust Wallet, and several others.
Metamask works both on your phone as a native application and a browser extension. Most browsers like Chrome, Opera, and Firefox have the extension available in their stores.
How to set up your Metamask Wallet
Once you’ve downloaded the Metamask extension, you’ll be able to create an account. Once you set your password, you’ll need to set up a seed phrase that you can use to recover the wallet in case of any issues. Please do not share this seed phrase with anyone.
Adding crypto to your Metamask wallet via Defy
Adding funds to your Metamask wallet is easy.
- First, you need to buy some ERC-20 tokens like Ethereum or USDT on Defy, which are supported by the Metamask Wallet.
- After buying these tokens on Defy, go to the “Send” button on the home screen.
- Add your Metamask wallet address in the receiver’s address field.
- Enter the coin amount you want to send and click on the “Send” button.
- You will be asked to enter your MPIN for verifying the transaction.
- An email OTP will be sent to you. You have to enter the OTP and your transaction request will be processed.
- Once the transaction is completed, you’ll receive a success notification and email. You can then check your Metamask wallet to check your updated balance.
What can you do with your Metamask wallet?
Well, that’s the wrong question. Ask what can you not do with your Metamask wallet.
- You can transfer crypto from your wallet
- You can connect your wallet to any DApp supporting Ethereum
- You can buy NFTs using your wallet
- You can stake your crypto on DeFi protocols
You can do this and so much more, with the new feature. The potential is limitless, and the only limitations are your imagination. So, improve your Crypto journey and #DoMoreWithDefy.